Monday, July 6, 2009

Jeven and his Bible



Okay okay, I know I haven't blogged in like, forever and I am far too behind to start playing catch up.  But this morning, something happened that I felt was blog-worthy and a good post to start blogging again..... for all my 2 or 3 readers! =)  Anyway, here goes...
So this morning, Donny and I were talking while I was still lying in bed, and we hear Jeven's door open.  So he comes out of his room holding his Bible in his hand.  He walks by or door and sees us both and just raises a hand and says "hi,"  and he keeps walking.  We look at each other like, what??  So we listen intently in our room as we hear the dining room table chair pull out and Jeven sit down.  That also happens to be the same chair Donny reads his Bible in in the morning.  So we sneak out so we can get a visual of him and he is seriously just sitting on the chair "reading" his Bible.  We watched him for quite a while just melting while he continued to just stare at his open Bible.  Donny finally said "I can't take it anymore" and he walked down the hall to see Jeven.  He said "What are you doing bud?"  Jeven said "I'm reading my Bible."  So I said, "Yeah, but really,why are you doing it?"  Jeven answered "Well, maybe 2 days ago, Daddy told me it is important to read my Bible every morning."  Donny left the house saying "That just made my day."   
I am just so excited to see where the Lord takes this kid.  I mean, he is so responsive to Donny's teaching about the Bible and is always so excited to learn about the Lord.  So anyway, I hope this brings a little smile to you all too!!  =)

1 comment:

The Parlas said...

that is the coolist story ever! hope you guys are doing well.